Agile for Scrum Teams OnDemand
Deliver Value Incrementally & Predictably
Agile practices help teams build high quality, high value products. Scrum, one of the methodologies under the agile umbrella, helps teams become very adept at building great software on a cadence and delivering it predictably.
In this course, you will learn how to identify and break down work, then deliver increments in each sprint. You will also learn how scrum practices improves your effectiveness and morale as a team.
Agile for Scrum Teams is part of Agile Academy's (formerly Agile University) Training OnDemand — online training anytime, anywhere. Training OnDemand is self-paced eLearning that covers the same objectives as our instructor-led courses. In addition to recorded instruction from a CA Technologies (formerly Rally Software) agile expert, the OnDemand course is interspersed with how-to videos, opportunities for hands-on practice, and built-in quizzes.
Delivery team members, scrummasters, product owners, other individual contributors, and agile managers.
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 2 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Downloadable Lesson transcripts
After this course, attendees will be able to:
- Discover the benefits of agile and Scrum
- Get an introduction to agile practices and terms
- Understand the responsibilities and expectations of each scrum team role
- Learn how to participate in the essential scrum team meetings
- Understand the agile lifecycle and planning process
- Learn how to write effective user stories
- Discover the difference between sizing and estimating, and when to do each
- Learn how to create the product backlog and break down stories
- Become familiar with the scrum team ceremonies
- See examples of sprint tracking charts and learn how to read them
- Understand the meaning of mid-range planning
- Learn the difference between a release and a shipment
- Discover what preparation is required to coordinate planning among multiple teams
- Get a taste of what happens on release planning day
- Learn how to track and close out a release
- Discover the ten most common mistakes teams make and how to avoid them