CA Agile Central Power User
Learn Skills & Features to Support Your Teams
As your organization adopts agile with support from CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), you’ll want in-house help from our agile and CA experts to support new users, align users to the platform and agile architecture, as well as continuously improve user skills and capabilities.
The CA Agile Central Power User supports new users, helps teams build dashboards and custom pages that support agile practices and agile thinking and can guide your organization on how to scale agile with CA Agile Central.
Please note, participants need to bring their own laptop to this course.
Anyone and everyone who will use CA Agile Central (formerly Rally ALM) should start here: delivery team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, other individual contributors, functional managers, product and program managers, and leaders of all sorts.
Although there are no prerequisites for this class, participants need to bring their own laptops.
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 14 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with Project Management Institute (PMI).
Class registration includes a copy of course materials for personal use. A healthy lunch with a vegetarian option is served daily.
- Get the most out of your agile platform investment
- Empower users with expert training so they can get up and running faster
- Improve visibility for teams and across teams
- Increase adoption of CA Agile Central among key users
- Convert information in CA Agile Central into knowledge that drives development decisions
- Excite and enable executives with informative dashboards
- Drive your company's agile transformation
After this course, attendees will be able to:
Set up CA Agile Central from workspace through sprint execution
- Navigate pages, work items and organizational hierarchies
- Manage product backlogs of user stories and defects
- Plan releases, iterations, and milestones
- Track, collaborate on and learn from release and iteration execution
Customize CA Agile Central for teams and programs
- Build Dashboards and Custom Pages to help teams meet their commitments
- Create Custom Views
- Support teams and programs using Kanban
- Assess agile practices and maturity via reports and views
Scale agile with CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager
- Apply agile principles and practices to program and portfolio management
- Configure CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager to support your program and portfolio processes
- Provide visibility to enable the steering of program releases
- Structure program and portfolio kanban boards for prioritization and flow
- Subscription vs Workspace vs Project
- My Profile
- Timebox Overview and Creation (Iterations, Releases, and Milestones)
- Initial Portfolio Setup: (Sample Theme, Initiative, and Features)
- User Story Creation and Ranking:
- Refinement and Estimating
- Sprint Planning (Team Planning, Team Capacity, and Tasking)
- Sprint Execution
- Quality Manager Overview (Defects, Defect Suites, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Set)
- Setting up and Effectively Utilizing Portfolio (Portfolio Items, Release Planning, Capacity Planning, Release Tracking, Portfolio Timeline)
- Filters and Custom Views
- Creation of Dashboards and Custom Pages
- Kanban vs Team vs Custom Boards
- Custom Queries (limited)
- Custom HTML, GitHub, and Subscription Apps
- Installation and Use of Excel Add-in
- Notifications vs Watches vs @Mentions
- Help (Including How to Find Integrations)
- Personal Navigation