Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
Learn Agile Fundamentals, Get Certified
One of the largest and fastest-growing agile methodologies, Scrum is a simple project management framework that has a small set of interrelated practices and principles, is not overly prescriptive, and is able to produce productivity gains for software development teams almost immediately.
Delivered by CA Technologies (formerly Rally Software) world-renowned Certified Scrum Trainers, this course shares time-tested techniques for managing product backlogs, planning releases and iterations (sprints), and tracking and reporting progress. Participants will learn how to effectively plan and run daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and more.
This hands-on training course provides
an excellent introduction to the Scrum Framework, and as such it is appropriate for anyone implementing or working alongside a timebox-based agile team.
In addition to Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers and Testers, other roles that would benefit from this course include Product Managers and Analysts, Project Managers, Team Leads, Architects, Functional Managers, CIOs, and CTOs.
Upon completion of the course and a post-course online evaluation, participants are registered as Certified ScrumMasters (CSMs). Registration includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where valuable Scrum Master material and information are available.
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with Project Management Institute (PMI).
Class registration includes a copy of course materials for personal use along with initial certification and exam fee. A healthy lunch with a vegetarian option is served daily.
After this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe how the Scrum Framework is based on empirical process and Lean, and how Scrum relates to the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto.
- Identify the three Scrum roles and their responsibilities and describe why these roles form the Scrum Team; explore impact on other roles.
- Understand how the Scrum Master protects, guides, and serves the team while also acting as a change agent.
- Identify and know how to effectively facilitate Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Demo/ Review/Retrospective, Release Planning.
- Identify and understand the value of Scrum Artifacts: Product Backlog, Product Increment and Definition of Done, Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts.
- Understand how to lead teams effectively in a large-scale environment. Know what roles and artifacts are added.
- Identify common organizational obstacles to Scrum and agile adoption and understand how the Scrum Master can help navigate those obstacles.