Implementing SAFe® 4.0 with SPC Certification
Learn to Teach Leading SAFe & Certify Others
In this four-day certification course you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow.
The SAFe Program Consultant Training and Certification course is for internal agile change agents and external consultants. It provides the tools to implement agile programs and validates their knowledge in agile programs, program portfolio management, agile architecture, and leadership so that they can launch Agile Release Trains as part of an enterprise Lean | Agile change initiative.
Certification Prerequisites and Process:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, CSC, CST, Scrum.org, DSDM, ICAgile, PMI-ACP)
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 28 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with Project Management Institute (PMI).
Class registration includes a copy of course materials for personal use along with initial certification and exam fee. A healthy lunch with a vegetarian option is served daily.
After this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Find the value streams around which to organize the enterprise’s Agile Release Trains
- Prepare the organization and the teams to launch the trains
- Run the first Release Planning Meeting
- Interact at key program touch-points to "help keep the train on the tracks”
- Run Inspect and Adapt workshops for continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management and agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation