SAFe® 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification
The Next Step in the Scrum Master's Learning Path
This two-day certification course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
Attendees of the SAFe® SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), and alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
Participants of this course may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
A healthy lunch with a vegetarian option is served daily.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Learning Objectives
- SAFe® framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice